Dr. Pramod Krishnappa
MBBS, MS (Surgery), DNB (Urology)Book Appointment With Dr. Pramod K,Urologist
Uro-Andrologist, NU Hospitals
Dr Pramod Krishnappa graduated from the prestigious Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute. He further did his Masters in Surgery (MS) and DNB Urology/ GenitoUrinary Surgery in Bangalore.
He fine-tuned his surgical skills at Kasturba Medical College Hospital, Manipal.
He has presented various research and clinical papers at National and International levels (Singapore). He has also participated in various international workshops (London, Bangkok and Seoul) and residency programmes (Prague and Singapore).
He developed special interest towards Andrology subspecialty which includes Male infertility and Male Sexual Dysfunction.
He has spent significant time with the well renowned Prof/Dr Craig Neiderberger in the Dept of Andrology at University of Illinois, Chicago (UIC) in 2017.
He has participated at various Andrology workshops and training programmes to sharpen his skills in treating andrology patients and give the best possible results.
Male Infertility and Male Sexual Dysfunction
Common Andrology conditions/issues treated:
Male infertility, Varicocele, Azoospermia, Oligospermia, Oligo-Astheno-Teratozoospermia (OAT), Erectile Dysfunction (ED), Impotence, Premature Ejaculation, Peyronie’s disease, Penile curvature, Sexual counselling.
To deliver the world class, yet affordable, treatment in the field of Andrology and Penile Reconstructive Urology.
- European Society of Sexual Medicine- Boston Scientific Penile Implant Fellowship in Hosp Universitario Puerta de Hierro, Hospital Universitario La Zarzuela and Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañon in Madrid (Spain) from 14th April- 12th July 2018.
- European Urology Scholarship Program (EUSP) grant award for clinical visit to Sava Perovic Foundation, Belgrade, Serbia from 4th Sept 2018 to 26th Nov 2018.
- Travelling Fellowship from AUSTEG (Asian Urological Surgery Training and Education Group). Dry and Wet Lab Laparoscopic Upper Tract Surgery Course by AUSTEG on 14th - 15th Jan 2017 at Olympus TTEC centre, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Travelling Fellowship from AUSTEG (Asian Urological Surgery Training and Education Group). Endoscopic Stone Surgery Course on 20-21th Jan 2018 at Olympus K-TEC centre, Seoul, South Korea.
ANDROLOGY RELATED EVENTS/CME:
- Advances in Diagnosis and Management of Male Infertility (ADAM) 2018 by Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction (ISAR) in Mumbai on 11th -12th Feb 2018.
- Andrology workshop by Prof Ashok Agarwal (Cleveland Clinic, Ohio) on 13th Oct 2017 at Gunasheela Memorial Conference, Ritz Carlton, Bangalore, India.
- Andrology observership under Prof Dr Craig Neiderberger at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) in Andrology from 14th August to 25th August 2017.
- Andrology observership under Dr Rupin Shah (Andrologist and Microsurgeon) at Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai (India) from 24th to 29th July 2017.
- European School of Urology (ESU) course on “Office management of Male Sexual Dysfunction” on 26th March 2017 at Excel, London.
- ESU course on “The Infertile Couple- Urological aspects” on 27th March 2017 at Excel, London.
- Andrology masterclass by Dr Ranjith Ramasamy (University of Miami) and Dr Giulio Garaffa (UCLH, London) at USICON 2017, Mumbai on 21st Jan 2017.
- Andrology Workshop at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Karnataka on 25-26 June 2016.
INTERNATIONAL CME/CONFERENCES ATTENDED:
- Urology Residents’ Course (URC) conducted by the Singapore Urological Association (SUA) and Urological Association of Asia (UAA) in collaboration with American Urological Association (AUA) from 18- 21 July 2016 at the National University Hospital and Singapore General Hospital, Singapore.
- EUREP 2016 (European Urology Residents Education Program) held at Prague, Czech Republic from 2nd Sept to 7th Sept 2016 (Reg no. EUREP16-0148)
- EAU Annual Congress 2017 at Excel, London from 24th -28th March 2017
- American Urological Association (AUA). ID-00865368.
- European Association of Urology (EAU). ID- 101892.
- European Society of Sexual Medicine (ESSM).
- International Society of Sexual Medicine (ISSM).
- Urological Association of Asia (UAA). 15-00556
- Indian Medical Association. KAR/14880/5/3551/205081/2015-16/CL
- Urological Society of India (USI)- K272
- Association of Southern Urologists (India)- P0047
- Karnataka Urology Association (KUA)- P016A
- Karnataka Medical Council. Reg No. 84108
- Bangalore Urology Society (BUS). P-BUS-13
- Surgical Society of Bangalore.
- Dept of Urology-II, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India in Aug 2016.
- Dept of Urology-II, Smt. GR Doshi and Smt. KM Mehta Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Centerand Dr. HL Trivedi Institute of Transplantation Sciences, Civil Hospital Campus, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India in Dec 2015.
A. Pubmed indexed:
- Bolbandi AK, Narayanaswamy S,Krishnappa P. Scrotal calcinosis: A rare entity.ANZ J Surg 2011 Mar;81(3):203.
- Narayanaswamy S, Krishnappa P, Bandaru T. Unproved tuberculous lesion of penis: A rare cause of saxophone penis treated by a therapeutic trial of anti-tubercular therapy. Indian J Med Sci 2011;65:112-5.
- Sinha M, Krishnappa P, Subudhi SK, Krishnamoorthy V. Supracostal percutaneous nephrolithotomy: A prospective comparative study. Indian J Urol 2016;32:45-9.
- Krishnappa P, Krishnamoorthy V, Gowda KK. Dihydroxyadenine stone with adenine phosphoribosyltransferase deficiency. Indian J Urol 2017;33:246-8.
- Krishnappa P, Shetty D, Prabhu R, Shenoy R. Gastric Schwannoma: Differential Diagnosis for a Submucosal Gastric Mass. International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences 2013,46(2):1205-8.
- Krishnappa P, Srivathsa N, Nagaraj H, Raghunath SK. Focal therapy in prostate cancer, where are we now ?”. August 2017 Newsletter of Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India.
- “Role of Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery in the management of Urinary Tract Infection complicated by Renal Papillary Necrosis” (Abstract C-EPID-5339)on 22/07/2016 at Urological Association of Asia (UAA) Annual Congress 2016 in Singapore.
- “Botulinum Toxin in the management of Dysfunctional Voiding in Adult Renal Transplant recipients” podium on 13th Sept 2014 at KUACON, Bangalore.(State conference).
- “Did the introduction of Ultrasound assessment by operating surgeon pre-op and intra-op improve AVF results?” podium on 30th Jan 2015 at Bangalore Urology Society Monthly meet, Bangalore, India (Local Branch Conference).
- “Screening of Primary Hyperparathyroidism in all patients with Urolithiasis: Is it the time to step-up our initial investigation protocol?” poster on 8th Feb 2015 at USICON Ranchi (National Conference).
- “SLOT vs End-side anastomosis in AVF” podium on 11th July 2015 at SZUSICON Vishakapatnam(Zonal conference).
- Post Graduate Symposium on “Cytoreductive nephrectomy and metastatectomy in the treatment of Metastatic RCC” on 30th Oct 2015 at KUACON Hubli(State Conference).
- “Salvage of arteriovenous access related aneurysms” poster on 9th Jan 2016 at USICON Hyderabad (National Conference).
- Post graduate symposium on “UTI in Pregnancy” on 30th Sept 2016 at KUACON, Goa (State conference).
- “A Prospective study to evaluate the efficacy of Botulinum Toxin-A in Dysfunctional Voiding” on 20th Jan 2017 at USICON Mumbai (National Conference
- Dry lab course on Transurethral resection (TUR) and Laparoscopy on 3rd -4th Sept 2016 at EUREP, Prague, CZ.
- ESU Hands-on training course in “Robotic surgery- Intro” on 25th March 2017 at EAU Annual Congress 2017 London.