Dr. Ashwini S.
MBBS, DGO, DNB (OBGy), and FIRM (Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine)
Senior Consultant, Department of Reproductive Medicine
Dr. Ashwini S. has completed her MBBS from Government Medical College, Mysore, in 2002. She then decided to pursue her interest in Gynaecology by obtaining a Diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics (DGO) at Bangalore Medical College, and then also went on to pursue DNB in OBG. Further, she has successfully completed Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences at Gunasheela IVF Center, Bangalore.
She has also undergone advanced training in Endoscopic procedures (Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgeries). She specializes in Infertility and IVF treatment, Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic procedures like diagnostic laparoscopy, ovarian drilling, reconstructive surgery for endometriosis, ovarian cystectomies, myomectomies, total laparoscopic hysterectomies, diagnostic and operative hysteroscopic procedures like septal resection, adhesiolysis, and tubal cannulation.
She has done more than 2000 IVF procedures (a large proportion of them being cases of recurrent IVF failures) and embryo transfers with a consistent pregnancy rate of more than 50%.She is one among the best infertility specialists in Bangalore. Her core-competence is in treating patients with recurrent IVF failures, PCOD, and recurrent abortions. She has accrued more than 12 years of experience in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, out of which more than 7 years of expertise is exclusively in Infertility, IVF and Assisted Reproductive Techniques. She has been getting the best pregnancy rates with IUI, IVF / ICSI, and egg donation. Her treatment is always tailored to patient's needs and is cost effective.
Vision: Infertility is not just a medical entity. It has wide repercussions on the couple's social and emotional wellbeing. Dr. Ashwini believes in not just delivering the treatment but also an empathetic and individualized care. She also believes in ethical treatment and a transparent system where patients are systematically appraised of what they are going through. She aims at incorporating all the cutting-edge technology into her practice giving the best possible success to the patients.
Papers and Publication:
- Presented a poster on ‘Comparison of IVM with and without Embryoscope’ at KISAR Conference (2012)
- Co-authored a chapter on ‘Oocyte Donation’ in the Manual of Infertility by Dr.Kamini Rao (2012)
- Co-authored a chapter on ‘Embryo Donation’ in ‘The Art and Science of Assisted Reproductive Technology’ edited by SunitaTandulwadkar (2014).
- Secured 9th Rank in DGO (RGUHS 2007)
- Best speaker award – DNB teaching program organised by BSOG (2010)
- Panelist in the workshop on Recurrent Pregnancy Loss organised by BSOG (2014)
- Lectured on ‘Leutinised Unruptured Follicle’ at Gnanavarsha conference organised by BSOG (2014).
- Had been a part of the IUI workshop organised by Gunasheela IVF Centre (2014)
- Lectured on ‘Luteal Phase Support in ART’ at an Infertility CME organised by Gunasheela IVF Centre in association with IMA Bangalore (2014)
- Organised a CME ‘Insights into Infertility and ART’ at NU Hospital (2015).
Career Goal:To establish a tertiary level care for Assisted Reproductive Techniques including a PGD (Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis) program.
- Bangalore society of obstetrics and gynecology (BSOG)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction (ISAR)
- Karnataka Chapter of ISAR (KISAR)